TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), is an English proficiency test for those non-native English speakers who want to study overseas, in English speaking countries. It was first administered in 1964. The TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the United States. It also stands in need of other English speaking countries. It is administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS) and is taken at various locations in India, as Internet Based test. TOEFL score is often a benchmark for awarding scholarships. It is also mandatory for various Government agencies, licensing bodies, businesses and many institutions. TOEFL score is valid for 2 years.
TOEFL Test Format :
|Reading||60-80 minutes||36-56 questions||Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions|
|Listening||60-90 minutes||34-51 questions||Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Express an opinion on a familiar topic; Speak based on Reading and listening tasks|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.|
TOEFL Coaching :
- We use the most relevant and frequently tested content helping its students to fully familiarize themselves with the TOEFL exam and to organize their time in an effective manner to achieve the best scores.
- We constantly update and customize our study and reference material, along with practice test papers, to ensure that it is addressing student’s specific areas of concern.
- A personalized report that identifies areas of weaknesses and strengths is generated to help the student identify his or her performance patterns and work in a focused manner. Our result oriented strategies enable students to increase both speed and accuracy.
- Our collection of practice tests follows the same structure as the actual TOEFL test. The realistic practice and extensive training, along with test day tips and exam strategies provided by expert instructors, enhance student’s confidence in preparation for the actual test.
- We provide intensive classroom coaching and other center resources. Classes are held 2-4 times a week with the provision of maximum flexibility in the schedule.
TOEFL FAQ’s :
Q- When should I start TOEFL preparation?
A- Ideally, a student should start preparing at least 8 to 10 weeks prior to taking the test.
Q- Will score recipients accept TOEFL scores from previous tests?
A- The policy of recipients for such matters may vary hence, it is better to check with the recipients directly. However, our counselors may also the able to advise students on such matters.
Q- How long are TOEFL scores valid?
A- TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years.
Q- Do TOEFL and GRE tests have cumulative scoring?
A- TOEFL score reports include scores for only the last test taken. However, GRE lets test takers decide which GRE scores from their five-year history to be sent to institutions. Scores for a test administration must be reported in their entirety.
Q- Can I order additional TOEFL official score reports?
A- Yes, you can order additional score reports after your scores are available online, approximately 10 days after your test date.
Q- Where can I get more information about the TOEFL?
A- Please fill in the enquiry form available on the contact us page and we get back to you at the earliest. Alternatively, you may walk into our office or give us a call to get more information.